Like physical fitness, spiritual fitness comes through daily reading of His word, strengthening your soul in God's lessons.
So how do I begin a spiritual workout?
- Find a regular time each day.
- Grab a cup of your favorite coffee, tea, or drink, snacks are great too!
- Settle in a well lit room...get comfortable.
- Choose a translation/paraphrase (Message, etc.) How about a new version?
- Make notes in your Bible.
- Highlight passages that are meaningful.
- End with prayer.
- Choose a reading plan: New Testament Challenge or Old Testament Challenge
Continue this each day and you will be on your way to spiritual fitness.